Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Nod

I am not "officially" taking over the support/development of Ember...cause i really ain't got the time to really commit to it...No

I made all this updates because i think EMM is the best project regarding media management...and i am a user of XBMC Big Grin

So i needed it to work...

Regarding the download...it must be rapidshare Huh

So here are some other download links...

App...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4TC4335
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/fe2c8ec/emm.rar

Source file...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2VJ94HG
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/4355210/sourcefile.rar
nuzela10 Wrote:No, of course not Nod

I made changes only to the clsScrapeIMDB.vb file...

So here it is...
http://rapidshare.com/files/306616406/clsScrapeIMDB.vb

And the whole project...
http://rapidshare.com/files/306618715/Em...anager.rar

Hope this is OK...if not please tell me how can can i give you the changes...

Can you host on something free?
Thank you soooo much to the op who fixed the <p> issue!!
nuzela10 Wrote:Hello Nod

I am not "officially" taking over the support/development of Ember...cause i really ain't got the time to really commit to it...No

I made all this updates because i think EMM is the best project regarding media management...and i am a user of XBMC Big Grin

So i needed it to work...

Got it....Again...thanks for the updates.

Is anyone else going to take over development.....unfortunately I can't...not a programmer. I would hate to see this thing fade away...especially since it's the best one out there right now. At least it seems like nuzela10 will keep it working. But would love to have it also work on TV shows. Really sucks to use two different managers.
I'm a VB programmer, and also an XBMC user. I have been wanting to create a media manager for quite a while now but it's a big job and would require lots of time. Ember would be an excellent codebase to work from since most of the hard work is done.
I am willing to spend some effort on it, but I would definitely need help.
Is there some way we can get the 'keys to the kingdom' and then spread the load around some of the programmers who are willing?
logictester Wrote:i get this when trying to download:

This file can only be downloaded by becoming a Premium member

rapidshare sucks if you are no premium member.

added emm to my mediafire account:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ynmqylnn55/EMM.rar

edit: also added version with 2.1 api:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yjh4imwj24...api2.1.rar

enjoy.
@RogueDazza you would need to contact Nul7, he is one of the original coders and have a chat with him
Hi

Complete N00B here
I'm Running XBMC 9.11A2 with Win7 and Aeon Stark. I have all the right pics but would like to use the pics and stuff from EMM but it wont update and XMBC wont see the new files downloaded (NFO and TBN files)

And im wondering if im being stupid by not press the big save button which is missing from EMM or i need to do something else.

Also i have noticed EMM is getting the right flags but how do i put them into XMBC so it all displays properly.

Ive spent ALL day (18hours) on this please help

Thanks
RogueDazza Wrote:I'm a VB programmer, and also an XBMC user. I have been wanting to create a media manager for quite a while now but it's a big job and would require lots of time. Ember would be an excellent codebase to work from since most of the hard work is done.
I am willing to spend some effort on it, but I would definitely need help.
Is there some way we can get the 'keys to the kingdom' and then spread the load around some of the programmers who are willing?

This might be of interest to you.

nul7 Wrote:Thanks, again, everyone for your well wishes.

Regarding the website, I sold cube3studios and its domains (in separate transactions, oddly). I still own embermm.com/net, it's just not hosted anymore.

As far as the code goes, anyone is free to use it as you wish with 2 caveats: it must remain open source and you have to give credit to Nuno, Bence, and myself. If anyone wants to take over the project officially, just PM me and we can work something out (and, no, I don't mean I want money for it).

AllisterFiend
Cheers to everyone that is keeping this alive!
For me just getting the movie side working properly is enough, sure two media managers is a pain in the ass, but its not the biggest hassle!
Another thing that needs to be looked at is trailer downloading.. it doesn't happen at the moment, trailers that are on tmdb don't get downloaded by ember.. i believe this is because youtube changed the way it hosts its flv's and ember needs an update for this (however i could be wrong and it could be another issue)
garvani Wrote:Cheers to everyone that is keeping this alive!
For me just getting the movie side working properly is enough, sure two media managers is a pain in the ass, but its not the biggest hassle!
Another thing that needs to be looked at is trailer downloading.. it doesn't happen at the moment, trailers that are on tmdb don't get downloaded by ember.. i believe this is because youtube changed the way it hosts its flv's and ember needs an update for this (however i could be wrong and it could be another issue)
And this is why we need someone to "officially" take this over. To me...I don't care about movie trailers and using two media managers is a pain.Smile It's great that some people are willing to fix bugs that are important to them...but this will fade away into nothing if someone doesn't take ownership of it. They can prioritize new features and bug fixes
Sparks14 Wrote:And this is why we need someone to "officially" take this over. To me...I don't care about movie trailers and using two media managers is a pain.Smile It's great that some people are willing to fix bugs that are important to them...but this will fade away into nothing if someone doesn't take ownership of it. They can prioritize new features and bug fixes

Yes i agree, if someone dosnt take ownership then at best we can expect small bug fixes here and there, and eventually this will fall from grace. The tv side of it is going to be HUGE, your looking at hours upon hours, where as there are other programs that do an adequate job already, so perhaps getting the movie side perfect is the best place to start (which was Nul7's plan to begin with). With the impending UMM, people maybe less likely to take on such a job, but i hope someone puts there hand up!
garvani Wrote:Yes i agree, if someone dosnt take ownership then at best we can expect small bug fixes here and there, and eventually this will fall from grace. The tv side of it is going to be HUGE, your looking at hours upon hours, where as there are other programs that do an adequate job already, so perhaps getting the movie side perfect is the best place to start (which was Nul7's plan to begin with). With the impending UMM, people maybe less likely to take on such a job, but i hope someone puts there hand up!
I don't disagree with what you are saying. I'm OK with using two managers...been doing it up to now. I just think that Ember was the best movie manager and was hoping to see the TV side developed. My fear is unless someone takes Ember over, the next best alternative will probably be UMM. And that's not to say that that's a bad thing. At least there is a team of developers on it and the chances are it probably won't go away....once it gets here.
Hi

Complete N00B here
I'm Running XBMC 9.11A2 with Win7 and Aeon Stark. I have all the right pics but would like to use the pics and stuff from EMM but it wont update and XBMC wont see the new files downloaded (NFO and TBN files)

And im wondering if im being stupid by not press the big save button which is missing from EMM or i need to do something else.

Also i have noticed EMM is getting the right flags but how do i put them into XBMC so it all displays properly.

Ive spent ALL day (18hours) on this please help

Thanks
provide a debug log

have you tried removing the movies from the library (set content to none) and then re-adding them to the library?(set content to movies)

can you see the nfo, jpg and tbn created by emm?