Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Geeba Wrote:Does this actually work now?

I've reinstalled it numerous times and it wont scrape any posters or fanart Huh

Try using the standard notation for the file names (tvshowname.S01E01.etc for season 1 episode 1). Ive got some small problems (not recognizing the correct number of seasons) after scraping tv-shows, but refreshing/reloading or changing the name (random) of the folder fixes this.
Vandaahl Wrote:Try using the standard notation for the file names (tvshowname.S01E01.etc for season 1 episode 1). Ive got some small problems (not recognizing the correct number of seasons) after scraping tv-shows, but refreshing/reloading or changing the name (random) of the folder fixes this.

I mainly use it for movies... for example..

folder:- moviename
contents:- moviename.avi

It used to work a treat... but now even if I recrape movies that have fanart it says no fanart is available for it Huh
Geeba Wrote:I mainly use it for movies... for example..

folder:- moviename
contents:- moviename.avi

It used to work a treat... but now even if I recrape movies that have fanart it says no fanart is available for it Huh

Probably you havent used the workaround meantioned several times before in this thread, try the following and everything should work fine again Big Grin

olympia Wrote:The problem is simple: imdb.com changed its layout, but it didn't get adapted in EMM.

But again: "Scrape Full Cast" should act as a workaround
Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Data/Miscellaneous/Scrape Full Cast

...you will not see any details, nor the poster in the search results window, but the data should be scraped at the end.

ps. You can also set the maximum of cast members to scrape, the old scraper used a max of 15 iirc.
Hey everyone,

I just downloaded EMM a few days ago and so far I'm really impressed! I'm just having a bit of a problem with scraping info for my TV Shows though. I've had a quick look through this thread as well as the EMM forums, but can't find an existing answer to my question.

Basically, when I right click on a TV show that has been picked up from my library and select the "(re)scrape" option, the normal "box" pops up (with a selection of TV Shows from the TVDB etc), but it doesn't have any buttons (eg "OK", "Cancel" etc) at the bottom. Once this box has loaded, I can't figure out how to select the show I want to scrape, or how to close the popup box, so I just have to restart EMM.

This is not only frustrating, but so far has meant that I haven't been able to scrape any TV Show info.

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it Smile

Cheers,

Ben
i hope they add resizing of the windows soon, i beleive this has to do with fontsize.
Louike Wrote:i hope they add resizing of the windows soon, i beleive this has to do with fontsize.

Thanks Loukie, the text size was the problem! I also realized that this was the cause of a number of other problems I was experiencing in other programs, so thanks!

I agree, it would be better if we could just re size the window (I like having my text set at 125% (rather than 100%)), but I guess it's not too much of a hassle.
please help.

I must have changed a setting because my all new movies scraped by ember are leaving the old folder name with a single movie.nfo file in them, this poses a problem when updating xbmc if i don't catch it first and delete that old folder.

-=Jason=-
It's a fantastic program!!!

I have a small problem: it doesn't save to my HD seasons posters and fanart...

it works only if I save poster in tbn

fanart doesn't work at all...

i have windows xp

thanks a lot for your help
Fresh windows 7 install -> Ember setup hangs 'Downloading ffmpeg.exe'. Is there any other way to install Ember?

LE: patience is really a virtue... Solved!
How come Ember isn't scraping info like: runtime, plot putline, director, actors, taglines etc.?
Do I have to activate this somehow or is there a bug at the moment?
For A Nightmare on Elm Street Ember downloaded only Title, Plot, year and release data?
KOROR Wrote:How come Ember isn't scraping info like: runtime, plot putline, director, actors, taglines etc.?
Do I have to activate this somehow or is there a bug at the moment?
For A Nightmare on Elm Street Ember downloaded only Title, Plot, year and release data?

Look at the previous page for the workaround to the change to IMDB's format.
Thank you CrazyIvan, x in Scrape full cast did the trick :-)
New question, when using Movie Sets, where does Ember save that information?
Would it work if I had 8 movies, made them into a movie set, moved the 8 folder with the movies to a new computer and loaded them into XBMC? What I'm looking to find out is if the movie set information is stored in the folder of the movies or somewhere completely different?

WingmanNZ

KOROR Wrote:New question, when using Movie Sets, where does Ember save that information?
Would it work if I had 8 movies, made them into a movie set, moved the 8 folder with the movies to a new computer and loaded them into XBMC? What I'm looking to find out is if the movie set information is stored in the folder of the movies or somewhere completely different?

its stored in the .nfo file next to the movie file

look for the the following lines

<sorttitle>Die Hard 1</sorttitle>
<set>Die Hard Collection</set>
Thank you WingmanNZ, this means everything can be moved without losing settings, very cool indeed :-)