Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AaronD Wrote:Just used this for the first time tonight after using MC for a long time, and had to say fantastic job. This is so intuitive to use and looks great!

Thank you! More features/fixes coming tomorrow night. Wink

PrimaryMaster Wrote:i have a problem.... the newer ver. is using <rating>6,7</rating> and the YAMJ can do not under stand the ",".... the previously ver. used <rating>6.7</rating>... and it worked perfekt...

can this be fixed soon? ... plz

Strange... I haven't change anything related to ratings in a while. Did you by chance change the IMDB mirror to IMDB.de? I'll make it always save with "." instead of ",".

EDIT: Attempted fix is in SVN r242 if you want to give it a try.
For anyone who's interested, here is the current changelog for the next release:

Quote: * Feature: Configurable IMDB mirror
* Feature: Delete Movie
* Feature: Open containing folder
* Feature: Delete Poster/Fanart from movie editor
* Feature: Lock individual movies (updaters will skip these movies)
* Feature: Auto-generate multiple extrathumbs from movie editor
* Feature: Option to clean extrathumbs folder
* Feature: Support for custom extensions for movie files
* Feature: Optional check for new version
* Feature: When proper nfo is not found or is non-conforming and does not contain IMDB ID, look for any other nfo in the folder and try to get IMDB from them.
* Feature: More global locks (tagline, rating, genres, studio)
* Feature: Studio selection dialog from movie editor
* Feature: New tool and option to automatically copy fanart to a selectable backdrops folder
* Feature: Option to use media info duration as runtime
* Fix: File-type sources not stacking properly
* Fix: File cleaner did not remove YAMJ compatible files
* Change: Special cell coloring persistent through selection
* Change: Ability to refresh extrathumbs list in movie editor
* Change: Tweaks to certification handling
* Change: Always save rating with "." instead of ","
* Change: Misc tweaks to the code
wow that is a lot of new features! good going as usual nul7!Big Grin
nul7 Wrote:Hmmm works for me. Is there an error log?

Cant find an error log inside the EMM folder and inside windows own logs is nothing. EMM download the poster and its inside ../EMM/Temp/poster.jpg and fanart.jpg but than it didnt move it to the movie folder and rename it.

Right now i did an Automatic update on 5 new movies and that works too. Looks the only way isnt working is the one i used before Sad
MrDVD Wrote:In the Edit Movie window i can download posters and fanarts by clicking on this big globe icon and select the one i want but after pressing the OK button to close the Edit Window non is added. (this way works in older versions as i did it all the time)

nul7,

This happens to me too with the latest build!

I can auto-scrape posters, but manually selecting another one with Edit Movie doesn't work. The poster doesn't change.
umm

maybe a Mark , Unmark all option?
just updated and all my movies got tagged as mark now

once again great app Smile
I Just found that you can activate the log option Smile
Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   bei System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
   bei System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameter(Int32 index, SQLiteParameter param)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameters()
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   bei Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.SetInfo()
Date/Time: 06.06.2009 15:12:20
===========================================================================================
As i use OFDB for Titels maybe @ the manual scan option there is now a prob with imdb and ofdb title ?
Ayla Wrote:nul7,

This happens to me too with the latest build!

I can auto-scrape posters, but manually selecting another one with Edit Movie doesn't work. The poster doesn't change.

And here is my error log, for this error:

StackTrace: ved System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
ved System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
ved System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
ved System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameter(Int32 index, SQLiteParameter param)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameters()
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
ved Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.SetInfo()
Date/Time: 06-06-2009 15:18:10
===========================================================================================
Another question Smile

How do I set one of my Extrathumbs as Fanart?

Can I do that in "Edit Movie"?
Window Control Problem
Just noticed sometimes if I am navigating throughout the gui, and the edit movie box is visible, sometimes if I click on the main EMM window, the edit movie window is set behind the main window.

This is a problem because 1) the edit movie window doesn't have an entry in the windows task bar so I cant click on it, and 2) the main emm window is blocked waiting for the edit movie window to be closed. I can get back to edit movie window by control tabbing back to the main emm task and it then becomes visible.

Maybe the edit movie window can be forced always on top of the main window AND given visibility in taskbar to avoid this. I have seen it happen 2 or 3 times over the past few days to me.

Unable To Fix Incorrect Movie
With the old bug where selecting a movie while emm was updating all movies, my "Themla & Louise" got incorrectly tagged as "The Dark Knight". I am now trying to fix this but it doesn't seem to be working out for me. A few problems I notice. I tried "Rescape IMDB" but its still "The dark knight". I tried update media, but still the same. I then went in and did a "manual edit". I cleared out all of the xml completely. This did two things.

1) After saving the xml file, the edit movie didn't get repopulated with ... well blank entries, it stayed at the old values.
2) When exiting the "edit movie" dialog, now I do see the blank entries.
3) Now after updating media, it gets correctly tagged as "Thelma & Louise".
4) The fan art didn't get updated though, I had to go in and manually do this, do I need to enable some setting in the settings section. I am just worried that many actions like redownloading information for a movie may require many specific settings to be made in the settings section.

So my question here is, how can someone fix an incorrectly tagged movie. The GUI seems to force someone into staying with the current IMDB id maybe or something like this. I am sure you will know what caused these two problems, unable to change incorrect movie, and the gui not updating after clearing out the xml.

Studio Flags Section
OK This might be a feature request, but again just getting it out there before I forget Smile
I am using a collection of studio flags that I have downloaded from these forums, so for example using dolbytruehd shows a lovely truehd icon in xbmc now.. I am hoping all of these coming changes to the new aeon skin will be standardised, so I am hoping emm will also show the icons in its gui. Currently it doesn't show the icon for dolbytruehd for example, but xbmc does. And one last feature request here, it would be great to have a dropdown of things like studio, audio format, video format etc of available icons. For example I got the dolby digital flag string wrong a few times, but after many attempts I found out how to get it. Would have been nice to have a drop down but this might be alot of work for a simple studio flags feature. Something for the future I guess. Smile

Selecting Fan Art
I am trying to select all of the highest quality fan art images for various movies. Maybe one extra button in the fan art downloader for something like "Select ALL of " and then a drop down to select "Highest", "Medium", "Low" etc. I am sure many will use this to download all highest / medium resolution images Big Grin OK another feature request but its an important one I think. Big Grin

I actually just manually selected maybe 10 of the highest quality fan art for, again "The Dark Knight", and highlighted the one I wanted as fan art. I expected the other 9 to get downloaded to extra thumbs... but they didn't. I have a feeling this was because i highlighted the image that I already had previously as my main fan art. Maybe the code logic then skipped the saving of the rest of the files to my thumbs section becasue I just redid it and highlighted another default fanart image and it worked fine.

I'm also a little concerned because I feel for every movie I try to do this, its going to go and download ALL of the images which is going to be ALOT. My broadband limit isn't very high Wink Would be nice to have a gui improvement to the no doubt lovely code behind the image downloading. In my case I want to be able to just download all high quality images, or better yet would be to do like the xbmc gui, to download a thumbnail of each image, and have checkboxes underneath this to select high, medium, low etc. That way the interface would take up alot less space visually, and also download less data for the initial selection process.

Just another one while I found it, while downloading a large selection of fanart, and when the download is complete, i need to exit and reenter the movie details to see the extrathumbs. This area should be repopulated when the extrathumbs are downloaded.

Extra Thumbs Navigation
I moved some of my extra thumbs up / down to select the ones I wanted. This worked fine for the first movie, but I noticed after doin this for another movie, ember media manager got things wrong. My list now shows numbers in the order

etc
etc

When exiting emm and going back into this movie, the list is shown as

You need to test the up and down buttons to get the changing of thumb numbers right when there are lots of them.

Again I am just trying to help this already excellent tool. Looking forward to seeing it stable and natural to use before it can then do TV Shows.
Thanks alot.
nul7 Wrote:Thank you! More features/fixes coming tomorrow night. Wink

Strange... I haven't change anything related to ratings in a while. Did you by chance change the IMDB mirror to IMDB.de? I'll make it always save with "." instead of ",".

EDIT: Attempted fix is in SVN r242 if you want to give it a try.

the r242 is not out right? can not find anything...
Ayla Wrote:Another question Smile

you have to do it manually by renaming and moving the file/s (from extrathumbs to the root folder)

but it would be a nice feature especially for movies who do not have any fanart.

EDIT: By the way, this application is evolving damn fast. Can´t wait for the next build.
Radikaltimes Wrote:umm

maybe a Mark , Unmark all option?
just updated and all my movies got tagged as mark now

once again great app

Must have "Mark New Movies" set. I'll try to come up with something.

EDIT: Done for next release.... but I'm not really happy with it. It works well, it's just that it's a button stuck at the top next to the movies tab. Not sure where else to put it. I thought about adding it to the context menu to be something like:

Mark
- - Selected
- - All

but that extra step to marking a single movie would get annoying and I'm sure there would be a few complaints from accidentally marking all movies.

MrDVD Wrote:I Just found that you can activate the log option Smile
Code:
StackTrace:    bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   bei System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
   bei System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameter(Int32 index, SQLiteParameter param)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameters()
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   bei Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.SetInfo()
Date/Time: 06.06.2009 15:12:20
As i use OFDB for Titels maybe @ the manual scan option there is now a prob with imdb and ofdb title ?

Ayla Wrote:And here is my error log, for this error:

StackTrace: ved System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
ved System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
ved System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
ved System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameter(Int32 index, SQLiteParameter param)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameters()
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
ved System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
ved Ember_Media_Manager.dlgEditMovie.SetInfo()
Date/Time: 06-06-2009 15:18:10

Thanks, guys. That's what I needed. Fixed for next release. In the mean time, you can turn off "Use Title From NFO" as a work around.

Ayla Wrote:Another question Smile

Can't do that as of yet. Please add an enhancement request to the google code page for this and I'll work on it.

mark007 Wrote:Window Control Problem
Just noticed sometimes if I am navigating throughout the gui, and the edit movie box is visible, sometimes if I click on the main EMM window, the edit movie window is set behind the main window.

This is a problem because 1) the edit movie window doesn't have an entry in the windows task bar so I cant click on it, and 2) the main emm window is blocked waiting for the edit movie window to be closed. I can get back to edit movie window by control tabbing back to the main emm task and it then becomes visible.

Maybe the edit movie window can be forced always on top of the main window AND given visibility in taskbar to avoid this. I have seen it happen 2 or 3 times over the past few days to me.

Because it's a dialog instead of a form, it should always be on top of main form.... but obviously things don't always work like they should. lol I already did some tweaks yesterday to kick all dialogs to the top when created, but I also just made a couple more of them visible in the taskbar.

mark007 Wrote:Unable To Fix Incorrect Movie
With the old bug where selecting a movie while emm was updating all movies, my "Themla & Louise" got incorrectly tagged as "The Dark Knight". I am now trying to fix this but it doesn't seem to be working out for me. A few problems I notice. I tried "Rescape IMDB" but its still "The dark knight". I tried update media, but still the same. I then went in and did a "manual edit". I cleared out all of the xml completely. This did two things.

1) After saving the xml file, the edit movie didn't get repopulated with ... well blank entries, it stayed at the old values.
2) When exiting the "edit movie" dialog, now I do see the blank entries.
3) Now after updating media, it gets correctly tagged as "Thelma & Louise".
4) The fan art didn't get updated though, I had to go in and manually do this, do I need to enable some setting in the settings section. I am just worried that many actions like redownloading information for a movie may require many specific settings to be made in the settings section.

So my question here is, how can someone fix an incorrectly tagged movie. The GUI seems to force someone into staying with the current IMDB id maybe or something like this. I am sure you will know what caused these two problems, unable to change incorrect movie, and the gui not updating after clearing out the xml.

"Re-scrape IMDB" = If an ID is available use that to rescrape the information from IMDB, else search for a different movie
"Change Movie" = Search for a different movie

So in your case, you could have just used "Change Movie" and it would have updated the incorrect movie to whatever you selected in the search results.

Because everything is based off the database, it doesn't scan each time for contents so there needs to be some action to trigger rescanning (editing movie, scraping, rescanning media, etc).

To download posters/fanart when you use "Rescrape IMDB" or "Change Movie" you need to enable "Scrape Images on Single Scrape" in Settings->Movies->Scraper

mark007 Wrote:Studio Flags Section
OK This might be a feature request, but again just getting it out there before I forget Smile
I am using a collection of studio flags that I have downloaded from these forums, so for example using dolbytruehd shows a lovely truehd icon in xbmc now.. I am hoping all of these coming changes to the new aeon skin will be standardised, so I am hoping emm will also show the icons in its gui. Currently it doesn't show the icon for dolbytruehd for example, but xbmc does. And one last feature request here, it would be great to have a dropdown of things like studio, audio format, video format etc of available icons. For example I got the dolby digital flag string wrong a few times, but after many attempts I found out how to get it. Would have been nice to have a drop down but this might be alot of work for a simple studio flags feature. Something for the future I guess. Smile

You can add your own flags by adding the flag icon into [Your EMM Installation Folder]\Images\Flags. In that same folder is a Flags.xml that you also need to edit to include the new icon and string. The XML is very simple so it should be pretty self-explanatory on how to format it, but if you need any assistance, let me know.

mark007 Wrote:Selecting Fan Art
I am trying to select all of the highest quality fan art images for various movies. Maybe one extra button in the fan art downloader for something like "Select ALL of " and then a drop down to select "Highest", "Medium", "Low" etc. I am sure many will use this to download all highest / medium resolution images Big Grin OK another feature request but its an important one I think. Big Grin

There is a "Preferred Image Size" option for both posters and fanart in settings. But this only accounts for the updaters. For selecting from the movie editor, this could piggy-back off the "only download mid size images for selection of fanart" as discussed below.

mark007 Wrote:I actually just manually selected maybe 10 of the highest quality fan art for, again "The Dark Knight", and highlighted the one I wanted as fan art. I expected the other 9 to get downloaded to extra thumbs... but they didn't. I have a feeling this was because i highlighted the image that I already had previously as my main fan art. Maybe the code logic then skipped the saving of the rest of the files to my thumbs section becasue I just redid it and highlighted another default fanart image and it worked fine.

There is no comparison of the selected/current image, so there must have been something else that "went wrong". I just played with it a little, and I can't reproduce this. Was an error log created?
Post was too long... had to split it in two. lol

Continued from above:

mark007 Wrote:I'm also a little concerned because I feel for every movie I try to do this, its going to go and download ALL of the images which is going to be ALOT. My broadband limit isn't very high Wink Would be nice to have a gui improvement to the no doubt lovely code behind the image downloading. In my case I want to be able to just download all high quality images, or better yet would be to do like the xbmc gui, to download a thumbnail of each image, and have checkboxes underneath this to select high, medium, low etc. That way the interface would take up alot less space visually, and also download less data for the initial selection process.

This is how I handle the posters (only download thumb size, then user can select which version they want), but due to the double selection nature of fanart it makes it a little more difficult. I'll have to think about how to handle that one. Please add this as an enhancement request to the google code page and I'll work on it.

mark007 Wrote:Just another one while I found it, while downloading a large selection of fanart, and when the download is complete, i need to exit and reenter the movie details to see the extrathumbs. This area should be repopulated when the extrathumbs are downloaded.

As noted in the changelog, I added a refresh button to the Extrathumbs manager yesterday. Wink

mark007 Wrote:JExtra Thumbs Navigation
I moved some of my extra thumbs up / down to select the ones I wanted. This worked fine for the first movie, but I noticed after doin this for another movie, ember media manager got things wrong. My list now shows numbers in the order

etc
etc

When exiting emm and going back into this movie, the list is shown as

You need to test the up and down buttons to get the changing of thumb numbers right when there are lots of them.

Again I am just trying to help this already excellent tool. Looking forward to seeing it stable and natural to use before it can then do TV Shows.
Thanks alot.

Yes, it's just doing a text sort on the extrathumbs numbers. I'll try to come up with something for that.

EDIT: Fixed for next release.

PrimaryMaster Wrote:the r242 is not out right? can not find anything...

No, it's in SVN. You would have to build it yourself.... which I assumed you did. Where are you getting ratings with ","? I figured you must have downloaded one of the SVN versions and changed the IMDB mirror to something like imdb.de. The fixes I made yesterday will fix it either way.... just curious why it just started doing that when I haven't touched the ratings code for a few versions now. Are you sure this is a new occurrence? Or maybe you have just not noticed it till now?

temmi2000 Wrote:you have to do it manually by renaming and moving the file/s (from extrathumbs to the root folder)

but it would be a nice feature especially for movies who do not have any fanart.

EDIT: By the way, this application is evolving damn fast. Can´t wait for the next build.

Thanks!
Thanks alot for the replies. Will add the feature requests you talked about.

Regarding thumb selection / sorting
I just worry about the sorting of thumb names, the problem I had was more than just simple sorting incorrectly, the number 2 appeared twice. xbmc only saw thumb1.jpg in one case, there was no thumb2.jpg so the gui was getting confused somewhere during the moving up / down process.

Regarding updating incorrect movie
Yes the "Change Movie" button was initially what I thought would bring up the dialog of, most popular, exact matches, etc but it doesn't. It seems to wait for a couple of seconds and bring back up the "Edit movie" dialog. I would expect it to bring back up the initial list of movies that match. I think this is a bug.

For example, I am noticing many movies that got selected with the wrong initial movie and I need to remove the nfo file to get the movie selection dialog to come up. Right now I am after deleting the nfo for "The Duchess". It defaults to selecting the most popular which is fine, but the correct movie only exists in Exact matches. I think I may have found a bug here too. Look at what is found.

Partial Matches (36)
- many listed here
Exact Matches (no number given)
- The Duchess (incorrect one made in 1915 or something like this)
Popular Matches (1)
- The Duchess (Default one selected and correct one but not listed in exact matches)

I would have expected the only item in the popular match list at the bottom (the correct one) to also show up in the exact matches section. The names are identical.

Main viewing window characters missing
Just a tiny bug, some characters like & in movie names arn't showing up in the main window, just above the number of stars the movie has.