Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I have some movies where there is no fanart available. EG ADORATION (2008)

Under Settings/Movies/Scraper-Images I have checked EXTRATHUMBS
Number to Create: 2
Checked No Spoilers
Checked Use Extrathumb if no Fanart Found
Size - Native
Unchecked Download All Fanart Images of the Following Size....

I thought with this setup under settings that when Adoration was scraped and no fanart was found, that EMM would take two screen shots and use 1 of them as the fanart.

But it doesn't. (in fact no extra thumbs are created)
Anyone know why?

EMM R1046

Thank-you in advance
azido Wrote:yes. replace them with movie dummies.

the downgrade of course will be you can't play movies on a keypress that are removed. but i guess you like to deal with that.

there is aleady a nice dummy avi generator lurking around here in forum that can even display a message telling you i.e. which cd you need to insert to watch that movie upon triggering.
Sorry for OT, but does anyone have a link to this dummy generator tool? Been trying to find it, but no luck.
Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop in and apologize for "disappearing". Yes, I am still alive, but not really ok (for reasons I do not wish to discuss in public). Unfortunately, I will not continue to develop Ember, but if Nuno (or anyone else for that matter) wishes to continue development, you have my blessing.

Peligrozo Wrote:Sorry for OT, but does anyone have a link to this dummy generator tool? Been trying to find it, but no luck.

It's in the tools menu of Ember (Offline Media Manager). It will create a customizable dummy movie and all the extra files.
nul7 Wrote:Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop in and apologize for "disappearing". Yes, I am still alive, but not really ok (for reasons I do not wish to discuss in public). Unfortunately, I will not continue to develop Ember, but if Nuno (or anyone else for that matter) wishes to continue development, you have my blessing.

Woah!! I hope everything is OK man.. Yes, try to take care of some of those other problems first, and then maybe later when things are better, you can come back to EMM?

Anyway, in the mean time, I'm not sure how, but I don't mind seeing if I can help in some way. But probably I'd need to know dev platform (VS2008 + C#/C++?) and source code control mechanism? And of course I'd need to know how we can work on this collaboratively.

In the mean time, I hope you will be able to at least stay on in the forums and lend your insights/ideas/etc, even if you can't work on code actively.. Nod
Good luck and godspeed. Thank you for your significant contribution to the xbmc community!
Yes, TV shows scrape fine for me from XBMC, I only needed EMM for movies, and EMM is pretty much perfect for my scrapes now... thanks for your creation Nul7; I hope everything works out for you!
i hope everything works out for you nul
nul7 Wrote:Hello everyone. Just wanted to drop in and apologize for "disappearing". Yes, I am still alive, but not really ok (for reasons I do not wish to discuss in public). Unfortunately, I will not continue to develop Ember, but if Nuno (or anyone else for that matter) wishes to continue development, you have my blessing.

It's in the tools menu of Ember (Offline Media Manager). It will create a customizable dummy movie and all the extra files.

Hope everything is ok for you.
I can help out with coding here and there. I will take a look at some open issues and submit patches.

But I wish it were C# Wink
Thanks everyone for your well-wishes. Really means a lot to me. I am experiencing some health issues that are pretty scary. Got a little depressed for a while there, but now I'm trying to get back out into the world. Due to my current situation I will not have time or the drive to work on Ember any more.

As far as development is concerned, what I would do is basically hand over the keys to the google code page so you can do whatever you want with it. The code is VB .NET. I would like to hear from Nuno first to see if he is interested in taking over the project (or maybe Bence would like to as a project leader or something of the sort?).
griffore Wrote:I can help out with coding here and there. I will take a look at some open issues and submit patches.

But I wish it were C# Wink

I'll take a look at the code, I've got a pretty good VB.net to C# converter.

Off topic, but maybe my xbmc is broken some how, becuase it has issues scraping tv shows, will only load a tv show into the library if it has a .nfo to match it, will have to investigate.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks everyone for your well-wishes. Really means a lot to me. I am experiencing some health issues that are pretty scary. Got a little depressed for a while there, but now I'm trying to get back out into the world.

Please take care man. Most importantly, always remember to treasure what you do have. And one of the things that you do have, although maybe not worth much, is a bunch of faceless/nameless half-strangers/buddies out here on the Net wishing you well, hoping you will be OK and willing to help you out if/where possible.

Dark may be the days, but they won't be dark forever. And as long as you do not give up, your own spirit and strength will light up any darkness that surrounds you.
All the best, mate.

Take Care Nul7. I wish you a very speedy recovery.
Hello

Several of my movies have the following structure:

Movie.Name\CD1\moviename-cd1.rar ...
Movie.Name\CD2\moviename-cd2.rar ...
Movie.Name\Sample\sample-.avi
Movie.Name\Subs\subs-moviename-cd1.rar, subs-moviename-cd2.rar

I'm sure you are all familiar with this, as this is what pretty much every multiple CD scene release out there is packed.

I'm having great troubles scanning this properly into Ember. Does anyone have any pointers on proper settings for this situation? Unless I scan recursively, multiple CD movies will not be detected, if I scan recursively, I will get one movie for each cd1/cd2 directory, I will get plenty of movies just called "CD1", "CD2", "Subs" and so on.

Any pointers on how to resolve this will be appreciated (unraring everything and not using CD1/CD2 subfolders is not an option, and XBMC supports this construct for stacking).

I guess what I am looking for is for Ember to just use the folder names, and don't bother with whats inside the folders, just accept that if there is a folder, there is a movie in there.

Tusse.