Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NasaGeek Wrote:From a cursory Google search, it would seem this problem arises from conflicting .NET installations. If you have any version besides 3.5 (Windows 7 has this by default) you should probably uninstall it. If this is not the case, you might try Right-clicking --> Properties --> Compatibility and setting the compatibility mode to XP SP3

I think your right, something got corrupted in .NET for 3.5 Sp1. I am having a hard time reinstalling it. I will keep trying
Sorry to hear that nul7, I only check this thread every once in awhile to see if the TV section has started(yes, I know you've heard it a 1000x times) and saw that you're leaving.

Sorry to hear the news and wish you the best of luck...you created one hell of a product!!
Hi,i have some Questions about Ember ,since iam new to this some things are not clear for me.I couldnt find any Docs and to read all Threads here would be a little too much.

So first.
When Ember renames the files in multi cd releases,it just renames the first cd others are untouched.Doenst it support Multi CD renaming or iam doing something wrong here?
Are there other tools for rekursive renaming Multi Cd Files?

The Set Manager,what it does exactly?When iam doing Sets,nothing changes,not in ember not on the xbox.

Would be nice if someone could help me ....thanks!!!
By default ember wants to create double files.

It will do a Title.nfo (using exact movie titel) and a generic movie.nfo and do the same for the fanart .jpg and the poster .tbn

Is there a reason for this or can I just select one or the other?
nul7 Wrote:As far as the code goes, anyone is free to use it as you wish with 2 caveats: it must remain open source and you have to give credit to Nuno, Bence, and myself. If anyone wants to take over the project officially, just PM me and we can work something out (and, no, I don't mean I want money for it).

this i not good new.. =(

I hope the person/persons thats take over will still support "Popcorn Hour"

thx for this great program nul7!!!!
Dignam Wrote:By default ember wants to create double files.

It will do a Title.nfo (using exact movie titel) and a generic movie.nfo and do the same for the fanart .jpg and the poster .tbn

Is there a reason for this or can I just select one or the other?

you should have a look into the settings. it is highly configurable.
azido Wrote:you should have a look into the settings. it is highly configurable.

Yea I know how/where to change it was just wondering if there was a reason it wants to create 2 of each by default?
does anyone know what the command line would be for EMM to sort the movies into folders automatically. Im using eventghost and i can get it to automatically to scrape but i need it to sort into folders and then maybe bulk rename before it scrapes. This is prob a long shot asking this question but it never hurts to ask.
First of all this is an amazing piece of software! Thank you nul7 and anybody else that helped get this made. Hope things get better for you nul7.

I was just wondering what should be done with bug reports. I know there's no one currently continuing work on EMM but maybe an organized way to keep track of any bugs that are found might be a good idea. That way if (hopefully) someone starts work on EMM they can look at fixing up any bugs that are there. Not that I have been able to find many bug at all. EMM works very reliably for me. Love it!

This bug is still there though, just thought I would bring it up, its a bit annoying. Would be nice if its one of the first things looked at.

tonyp Wrote:I have found some issues (v1030):
After autoscraping my new media the extrathumb option on the left panel doesn't get checked. But the extrathumbs are properly loaded, after double-clicking the movie and clicking okay it's checked.
I'm using v1046.
Im using latest build and all of a sudden its stopped retrieving images from TMDB, its getting all the info from IMDB but it says there is not fanart for the movies, when their clearly is.

Does the scraper need to be updated or something?
Double check that you can view the site...I just tried to go to the site and they had this on their homepage..."themoviedb.org is undergoing some maintenance. We should return within a few hours."
That's the thing, I can view the site and the files perfectly fine.
bnevets27 Wrote:I was just wondering what should be done with bug reports.

i guess currently you can assign them to dev>nul as there is nobody picking up the code.

and i'm pretty sure, IF there will be someone continuing, he/she/it won't parse the forum for bug reports.
I also found that Ember no longer can parse images from TMDB Sad not sure why nothing seems to have changed but when they went down for maintenance they must have changed some code, hopefully its temporary

@nul7 Good luck and thank you very much for ember it is the best movie manager available bar none.
http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...l?id=22#c3

Seems like this error has been occuring for a while, no sollutions?