Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I meant was should I leave the standard trailer url as scraped from IMDB in the trailer tag of the nfo if a local trailer is downloaded? As I said, I don't use trailers, so I don't know how XBMC works.... does it look for a local trailer first, and if one is not found it will then try to stream from the URL? If that's how it works, I can just leave the streaming url in the nfo in case something happens with the local trailer it will be there to fall back on.
By the way, I found out what was causing my problem of always running the first time wizard. I had pinned a shortcut to the strt menu, and this was causing my problem. If I ran the application from its directory, then it worked fine.

I deleted the pinned shortcut, recreated it, and now its working ok again. Not sure what caused this exactly.
nul7 Wrote:What I meant was should I leave the standard trailer url as scraped from IMDB in the trailer tag of the nfo if a local trailer is downloaded? As I said, I don't use trailers, so I don't know how XBMC works.... does it look for a local trailer first, and if one is not found it will then try to stream from the URL? If that's how it works, I can just leave the streaming url in the nfo in case something happens with the local trailer it will be there to fall back on.

I thik thats how its works.
yep seems that way too.

I downloaded a trailer, and url'ed across to a diff trailer. Left the url in and with local trailer there it used that local one and without it, it fell back to the remote trailer.

also for a little FYI

your text on the edit movie screen is Trailer URl (lowercase L in URL) Wink

Brent
AaronD Wrote:By the way, I found out what was causing my problem of always running the first time wizard. I had pinned a shortcut to the strt menu, and this was causing my problem. If I ran the application from its directory, then it worked fine.

I deleted the pinned shortcut, recreated it, and now its working ok again. Not sure what caused this exactly.

Oo Huh Oo I don't have any idea why it would be doing that..... very strange. At least you figured out what it was. *shrug* Thanks for letting us know!

For anyone building from SVN and interested in the trailer support, I've made some changes to the code. One of the changes is to only update the trailer tag if you're just getting the URL instead of downloading..... if you ARE downloading then it will keep the trailer URL as scraped from IMDB (if it exists). If that doesn't work as expected it can be changed easily. Wink
meanstreak Wrote:yep seems that way too.

I downloaded a trailer, and url'ed across to a diff trailer. Left the url in and with local trailer there it used that local one and without it, it fell back to the remote trailer.

also for a little FYI

your text on the edit movie screen is Trailer URl (lowercase L in URL) Wink

Brent

It's actually "URI". Wink Since it's not saving the file paths to the tag any more, I might as well change it back to "URL".

EDIT: Done in SVN.

EDIT2: And thanks for confirming that will work.

EDIT3: Actually, I should have just left it as URI because who knows what kind of links the trailer sites return. lol Oh well, I guess it's fine, colloquially.
AaronD Wrote:By the way, I found out what was causing my problem of always running the first time wizard. I had pinned a shortcut to the strt menu, and this was causing my problem. If I ran the application from its directory, then it worked fine.

I had the exact same problem, and your method solved it fine. Strange problem though.. Thanks for the solution.

nul7: Thank you very much for this wonderful application. The only problem with it is that my girlfriend isn't that happy when i'm organizing my movies for 5 hours straight.
For those of us who are impatient and adventurous, is there a tutorial on how to download and compile from SVN? Never tried it and would like to give it a go.Laugh Thanks
I believe tomorrow is not that far away, especially seeing as i'm running windows in a VM just for this app.
Yea, you're right...but, I'm thinking of the day after tomorrow!:p
Awesome media manager! It's really amazing.

I'm trying to build from SVN right now, and this is the first time I've done this. I'm using Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and i browsed to the .dll in the Ember installation but I get this error:

Code:
Error    1    The command "call "C:\Users\Kevin\Ember SVN\svnrev.bat"" exited with code 1.    Ember Media Manager

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
B-Fir3 Wrote:Awesome media manager! It's really amazing.

I'm trying to build from SVN right now, and this is the first time I've done this. I'm using Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and i browsed to the .dll in the Ember installation but I get this error:

Code:
Error    1    The command "call "C:\Users\Kevin\Ember SVN\svnrev.bat"" exited with code 1.    Ember Media Manager

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Open "Ember Media Manager.vbproj" in a text editor and remove "<PreBuildEvent>call "$(SolutionDir)svnrev.bat"</PreBuildEvent>".... its near the bottom of the file.
nul7 Wrote:Open "Ember Media Manager.vbproj" in a text editor and remove "<PreBuildEvent>call "$(SolutionDir)svnrev.bat"</PreBuildEvent>".... its near the bottom of the file.

Thank you very much, sir!
nul7 Wrote:Open "Ember Media Manager.vbproj" in a text editor and remove "<PreBuildEvent>call "$(SolutionDir)svnrev.bat"</PreBuildEvent>".... its near the bottom of the file.

I simply placed an empty svnrev.bat at the directory in the error message. Worked too. Smile
I cannot get this program to recognize any of my movies!?

I only have movie names like ex.

10000.BC.2008.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-hV

Can the program handle this!?

PS: I dont want to rename any of my movies!