Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
craigd Wrote:I've just noticed a little red flag in the top right corner just under the x to close the app, what does it do?

I'm kinda scared to click it and find out

wtf? ...and you rather ask it, because you scared? Do you think it is a format all or what? ... and do you think we are sitting here to respond on such a questions? Don't you think that the time and effort this take can also be spent for development of future versions?
jpc-s4 Wrote:Can't say that I'm not a bit disappointed...

lol Cool
olympia Wrote:wtf? ...and you rather ask it, because you scared? Do you think it is a format all or what? ... and do you think we are sitting here to respond on such a questions? Don't you think that the time and effort this take can also be spent for development of future versions?

lol. Pretty sure the intended tone of this post was sarcasm, and I found it particularly funny, haha. Well played.
Don't know if it has beed posted, but just a quick test today and i got a big bug Smile
Will do more test and post on bug tracker after.

Ember 1.0 X64. Default settings. I add a Directory with only one movie. I scrape it. Choose poster / Fanart and extrathumbs then click ok Smile

It creates the extrathumbs directory with the images, and nothing more. All other data is lost and no log file .

All the times same result whatever film data i associate with my film (and tested on more than one directory )
having problems running the installer "ember setup has encountered a problem and needs to close" most likely a error with my .net installation, without any listing in event viewer it may take me sometime to sort it out. is there an offline installer available in the meantime
Tolriq Wrote:Don't know if it has beed posted, but just a quick test today and i got a big bug Smile
Will do more test and post on bug tracker after.

Ember 1.0 X64. Default settings. I add a Directory with only one movie. I scrape it. Choose poster / Fanart and extrathumbs then click ok Smile

It creates the extrathumbs directory with the images, and nothing more. All other data is lost and no log file .

All the times same result whatever film data i associate with my film (and tested on more than one directory )

Tolriq, you are a long time, experienced user and also a sw developer yourselfs...
You should know (and I know you know), that this information is not enough.

Why are you teasing a "big bug" if even you want to do some more test yourself before submitting a bug on the tracker? :confused2:
proximity Wrote:having problems running the installer "ember setup has encountered a problem and needs to close" most likely a error with my .net installation, without any listing in event viewer it may take me sometime to sort it out. is there an offline installer available in the meantime

In that case you would most probably have issues with Ember itself too...
Just installed latest Mono (MonoFramework-2.6.3_4.macos10.novell.x86.dmg) on Intel Mac 10.6.2 and I cannot install EmberSetup.exe by typing in terminal "mono EmberSetup.exe". It errors straight away with mono quit enexpectedly. Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV). I can post the whole thing if it helps.
I was eagerly awaiting the release of 1.0, and I'd like to say I've tried it. But I haven't. Not really.

Here are my impressions thus far:
- Why is it now a downloadable installer when it used to be a standalone installer? Can I get a standalone installer (I've tried installing it three times so far, so have had to download all the files three times also)?
- The installer didn't detect that it was overwriting an old install (r1105) and thought it was a new install.
- The setup wizard would not let me add a TV source (with a cross besides the name), despite whatever I tried to call it (I only tried "TV", "Television" and "TV Shows"), so I gave up trying to add a TV source and figured I'd do it later on.
- Ember MM now prompts Windows (7/x64) to confirm whether I "want to allow the following program to make changes..." when previous versions did not.
- On first launch the "Settings" screen takes an extraordinarily long time to do its thing.
- Likewise with the "gathering" part. I just gave up after 30 mins and restarted (which takes much, much longer than before), which then didn't restart the "gathering", but instead...
- ... It shows the list of movies, but hangs without showing anything about that movie or allowing anything to be clicked. The entirety of my error.log (and old error.log) is below:

Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetSQLiteType(Int32 i)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.get_Item(String name)
   at EmberAPI.Database.LoadMovieFromDB(Int64 MovieID)
Date/Time: 25/03/2010 9:08:52 PM
===========================================================================================

Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.fillScreenInfoWithMovie()
Date/Time: 25/03/2010 9:08:53 PM
===========================================================================================

I don't have an oddly-setup system, it's not in a domain, I have administrative access (but don't specifically run with elevated privileges) etc. I know you guys have put in a lot of effort for this release, but so far it's a step backwards in my eyes. A lot slower and, well, it doesn't work. I switched from Media Info Plus to Ember simply because of the speed. Don't let me down!
bob_loblaw Wrote:I was eagerly awaiting the release of 1.0, and I'd like to say I've tried it. But I haven't. Not really.
I take it all back! I deleted my old Ember directory and installed fresh, and with the exception that it still takes a while to load (much, much faster than Media Info Plus) and asks the "do you want to allow..." question, everything is fantastic.

The frame extraction alone is worth the update to me! If you could have it automatically save the thumbnail ("poster") for each TV episode by default that would be icing on the cake (if it does I didn't notice it). I haven't tried the renamer out yet (too attached to MediaRenamer) but I'll give it a whirl in the coming days.

Great work guys, and nevermind about the post above. I'll leave it there in case people have similar issues -- don't install 1.0 over an older version! Start fresh! One last thing, on the "flag" icon, at least put a hover tooltip/title on it to avoid confusion.
bob_loblaw Wrote:I take it all back!

Maybe you should have done a little more experimenting before jumping in with both feet with your previous post.

Quote:I know you guys have put in a lot of effort for this release, but so far it's a step backwards in my eyes. A lot slower and, well, it doesn't work.

I was particularly dismayed by this statement as even someone who had never tried Ember could determine that this statement was a load of crap just by reading the comments of previous posters.

Previous posts had also described that you need to do a fresh install of Ember, something you obviously ignored or did not read. Your problems were caused by yourself and you come on here ranting about Ember.

Quote:Don't let me down!

An unbelievable statement. The devs of Ember have worked hard on providing Ember to the public free of charge. Maybe if you had donated to Ember this demand may have been slightly reasonable.
Have not been in the forums for a while and was running an older version of XBMC, but I updated last night and also updated to the latest Ember and I just want to say bravo on all the hard work.
You guys rock, hard
Drifty Wrote:Just installed latest Mono (MonoFramework-2.6.3_4.macos10.novell.x86.dmg) on Intel Mac 10.6.2 and I cannot install EmberSetup.exe by typing in terminal "mono EmberSetup.exe". It errors straight away with mono quit enexpectedly. Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV). I can post the whole thing if it helps.

Please open a bug report and post there all the information you can
Well so far ember is my favorite movie media manager. Still looking forward to be able to scrape subtitles & actors to each .actor movie folder etc.
Glad to see Tv section coming along. Hope it`s as good as movie setup...

Is support for music with comments/lyrics/fanart/albumart and same for musicvideos and also home video nfo`s creation/managing also in the pipeline?
Quite excited I must say.

call it premature excitement if you will :-)
@Devs: I would just like to say thank you for all your hard work... With the added TV support Ember is almost the perfect media manager!