Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Ember beta build 1152, and when I update my library it all of a sudden adds all the '-CD2'-named files...It hasn't done this before, and when I delete the library, rescan the files it adds only one movie per folder as it should. But when I add some movies and rescan again, it also includes the -CD2 files...So they appear double in my ember library and I have to delete them by hand every time, which can become quite annoying Smile
retro83 Wrote:Is there any way to prevent any URLs being written into the .NFOs?

The fix for this is already in SVN.
coendeurloo Wrote:I'm using Ember beta build 1152, and when I update my library it all of a sudden adds all the '-CD2'-named files...It hasn't done this before, and when I delete the library, rescan the files it adds only one movie per folder as it should. But when I add some movies and rescan again, it also includes the -CD2 files...So they appear double in my ember library and I have to delete them by hand every time, which can become quite annoying Smile

This has been already fixed in SVN too.
blaize Wrote:When can we expect another beta Build? I've gone through several other media managers these last few days but none of them can handle series with only one season.
now i know that EMM doesnt have TVDB scraping (yet!, saw that someone was working on it) but episode editing is available it seems.
I would be VERY gratefull if you could release another beta build, that way i can finally get my series library in order again Smile

ditto, any chance of a beta update, ive tried 1152 and its getting nowere with my tv shows, its a shame with my movie libary looking so complete now Big Grin
Can you put an option for getting the meta / nfo data by looking for the folder name ?

My Folders are also tagged with the year.
blaize Wrote:When can we expect another beta Build? I've gone through several other media managers these last few days but none of them can handle series with only one season.
now i know that EMM doesnt have TVDB scraping (yet!, saw that someone was working on it) but episode editing is available it seems.
I would be VERY gratefull if you could release another beta build, that way i can finally get my series library in order again Smile

RenZ0R Wrote:ditto, any chance of a beta update, ive tried 1152 and its getting nowere with my tv shows, its a shame with my movie libary looking so complete now Big Grin

.......... you both know the answer... Then why are you asking? Angry

If you are that impatient, you'd better learn to compile from SVN...
I tell you a secret. It's not rocket science.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Can you put an option for getting the meta / nfo data by looking for the folder name ?

My Folders are also tagged with the year.

Why is that better than the scraped/extracted data?
Been using this excellent program for a while now, and now looking to have it rename my files/folders - is there any info on what the renaming pattern variables are? I'm guessing $T is title and $Y is year - are there any others and if so what are they? I have looked around but can't find anything which lists what ones are avaliable.

EDIT: Whoops! Just saw the "Bulk Renamer" option in the menu! Can't believe I hadn't seen that before today...
olympia Wrote:.......... you both know the answer... Then why are you asking? Angry

If you are that impatient, you'd better learn to compile from SVN...
I tell you a secret. It's not rocket science.

Is there a tutorial around for us non-programmers? I'd love to learn/give it a goHuh
Hey Mate!

Im currently working on a script that gets the youtube url etc and plays the trailer!
You just remap the trailer button to my script and Voila!!

It takes about 5seconds to goto TMDB, fetch youtube url, get the youtube token and play the trailer!
Easy!

But, it will be able to step the first TMDB step if the xbmc database has a trailer url in the format: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8aWeHjMRyc"
As, it will then only need to get the token and play! Saves the main time taking step!

Now, your program attempts to get the full url (as we all know changes all the time).
Im thinking, you modify Ember to only get the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8aWeHjMRyc" URL and add this to the nfo. So. XBMC scans this in and my script can get the token and play the trailer LIVE!

Plus, this would also speed up Ember getting trailers as you would no longer need to get the token for the video!

+ the end user has trailers that always work!!

WIN,WIN,WIN

What do you think?

My script also will keep track of youtube urls it has fetched from tmdb so next time it is run, it can skip the tmdb process as well. Im thinking the script will also add the trailer url to the xbmc database as well.
ksyme99 Wrote:Been using this excellent program for a while now, and now looking to have it rename my files/folders - is there any info on what the renaming pattern variables are? I'm guessing $T is title and $Y is year - are there any others and if so what are they? I have looked around but can't find anything which lists what ones are avaliable.

EDIT: Whoops! Just saw the "Bulk Renamer" option in the menu! Can't believe I hadn't seen that before today...

$D = Parent directory name
$F = Filename
$T = Title
$O = Original Title
$Y = Year
$R = Resolution
$A = Audio
$S = Source (DVD, BluRay, HDTV, etc)
$M = Numerical MPAA Rating
$B = Base path (eg. - Say you had a movie at C:\Movies\Comedy\Some Movie\Some Movie.avi and wanted to move it to C:\Movies\Some Movie\Some Movie.avi you could use $B$D for the folder pattern)
$L = List title (how the movie is listed in Ember)
$X = Replace spaces with next char (eg. - $X. = replace all spaces with .)
$?aaa?bbb? = Replace aaa with bbb (eg. - $?The?? = remove all "The" or $?Dark?Light? = replace all instances of "Dark" with "Light")
{} = Optional, only set if all patterns inside contain data (eg. - {($Y)} = if there is a Year specified, output it as (Year), else leave blank... this way there aren't empty ()'s in the filename or {[$S.$A]} = only if both source and audio information are available add "[bluray.ac3]")

Note: Some of these are only available in the SVN version

stanley87 Wrote:Hey Mate!

Im currently working on a script that gets the youtube url etc and plays the trailer!
You just remap the trailer button to my script and Voila!!

It takes about 5seconds to goto TMDB, fetch youtube url, get the youtube token and play the trailer!
Easy!

But, it will be able to step the first TMDB step if the xbmc database has a trailer url in the format: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8aWeHjMRyc"
As, it will then only need to get the token and play! Saves the main time taking step!

Now, your program attempts to get the full url (as we all know changes all the time).
Im thinking, you modify Ember to only get the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8aWeHjMRyc" URL and add this to the nfo. So. XBMC scans this in and my script can get the token and play the trailer LIVE!

Plus, this would also speed up Ember getting trailers as you would no longer need to get the token for the video!

+ the end user has trailers that always work!!

WIN,WIN,WIN

What do you think?

My script also will keep track of youtube urls it has fetched from tmdb so next time it is run, it can skip the tmdb process as well. Im thinking the script will also add the trailer url to the xbmc database as well.

Sounds like a plan to me... I just made the changes in the SVN.
Also, if anyone has any ideas for how the show scraper should act, let me know.... kind of at a loss. Episode level scraping and season stuff I have in control... but I'm not sure how to handle full show scraping. Should it just scrape the info ONLY for the show, then you'll have to scrape each episode individually? Or should there be a dialog where you have to verify the show info, the season images, and each episode info? Ideas on layout? Or should it just pop up to verify the show info, then automatically set any episode matches? Need some ideas here....

This is of course on a manual scrape or ask type scrape... the automatic scraper will just set everything automatically that is an exact match.
WOW!
Your super quick!
I will have 1st version of script out in next day or so!

I have future plans to. Add more functions for different sites in the future that do the same similar "token" thing as youtube.
So, other "simple" url's will work in nfo files.
Who knows.

At present, user just edits a simple line in the skin to run the script:

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,$INFO[listitem.filename],$INFO[listitem.path])</onclick>

Add that to the skins trailer button, and remove the !visible condition so the button is always shown
nul7 Wrote:Also, if anyone has any ideas for how the show scraper should act, let me know.... kind of at a loss. Episode level scraping and season stuff I have in control... but I'm not sure how to handle full show scraping. Should it just scrape the info ONLY for the show, then you'll have to scrape each episode individually? Or should there be a dialog where you have to verify the show info, the season images, and each episode info? Ideas on layout? Or should it just pop up to verify the show info, then automatically set any episode matches? Need some ideas here....

This is of course on a manual scrape or ask type scrape... the automatic scraper will just set everything automatically that is an exact match.

If the show has not been scraped before, I would suggest a prompt to confirm the correct show and then to select the fanart / thumb. This gets important when series are remade (a popular trend now) and the scrapers invariably think the show is the original from 1967. I also find I change the fanart and thumb for pretty much every show (at the show level) given the many choices available. This could be an option for those who trust scrapers to get it right, or just default behavior for an unknown show.

For season thumbs, perhaps a user option to say if they want to confirm the thumb (I personally don't worry too much about season thumbs). For episodes, I would be more than happy to just scrape all automagically - do people really want to choose alternate thumbs for "season 3 episode 12"?
nul7 Wrote:...

Cheers! Was wondering what those curly brackets were all about - that's a pretty useful trick.

I would agree with gmk2 by the way - selecting the poster/wide icon for the season and the fanart is quite important, but season poster/wide icon and episode thumbs could just be automatic - with the option easily avaliable to change the season ones. Can't see many people changing the episode thumbs too often.