Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
YouTube plugin lost information about already watched movies
In logs i see such errors:
Code:
15:58:54 T:5476  NOTICE: [StorageClient-0.8] get : 'view_mode_KOLEJWIZJA'
15:58:54 T:5476  NOTICE: [StorageClient-0.8] connect : ''
15:58:55 T:5476  NOTICE: [StorageClient-0.8] connect : 'Exception: error(10061, 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')'
15:58:55 T:5476  NOTICE: [StorageClient-0.8] connect : 'Exception: ('KRKA06336', 59994)'
Interesting. Can you give me the full log?

Does a restart of XBMC help?
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I said that the issue I had would be solved for the final Eden release. And i am now doing development on a 64bit Ubuntu install.

But I'm not sure that your issue was the same as i had.

Ok well then I'm going to install F16 64 bit today and I'll post a log if I still have a problem, thanks. Smile
Yes restarting help for those messages but still don't see if I already watched movie
Apparently plugin stops using information about already watched movies from settings.xml
And probably start using database, but right now it saves it in different way and with different path id
My old YouTube watch history looks like this
Code:
path:plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/
file: playlists&action=play_video&videoid=bNlNZ2T9EeY

And right now it look like this
Code:
path:plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
file:plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=bNlNZ2T9EeY
Well, it works perfectly fine for me. I'm going to be needing that log if you want me to investigate.

ETA: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ting_a_bug
Ok here's exactly what happens, when I click on the youtube plugin it brings me into the folders view, then I click on my favourites and it goes into the folders view again but in thumbnail view and if I try to click on favourites again it won't do anything. When I exit and go into youtube it goes straight into the folders thumbnail view where nothing works again. I included a log.

pastebin.com/dVveHe0c
Pednick Wrote:Ok here's exactly what happens, when I click on the youtube plugin it brings me into the folders view, then I click on my favourites and it goes into the folders view again but in thumbnail view and if I try to click on favourites again it won't do anything. When I exit and go into youtube it goes straight into the folders thumbnail view where nothing works again. I included a log.

pastebin.com/dVveHe0c

Well, i see you are running Dharma. It does not surprise me that there are issues with YouTube 2.1.3.

We are not going to be fixing any 64bit issues for the current stable XBMC.

On Eden-pre on 64bit it works for me with no issues. (After a fix).
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Well, i see you are running Dharma. It does not surprise me that there are issues with YouTube 2.1.3.

We are not going to be fixing any 64bit issues for the current stable XBMC.

On Eden-pre on 64bit it works for me with no issues. (After a fix).

Where can I get this Eden-pre for linux?
Pednick Wrote:Where can I get this Eden-pre for linux?

Since you are on Fedora i believe you will have to compile from source.

git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

then README.linux

I wouldn't know how else to get a nightly build of XBMC. Then again, i don't use Fedora.. so.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Since you are on Fedora i believe you will have to compile from source.

git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

then README.linux

I wouldn't know how else to get a nightly build of XBMC. Then again, i don't use Fedora.. so.

Ok thanks.
Is there a way to play AND download a youtube clips as a single action?? Cache locally?

Currently you have to 'watch/stream' the video, then if you want to keep it, you have to download it again. Doubling the bandwidth.
mdh99 Wrote:Is there a way to play AND download a youtube clips as a single action?? Cache locally?

Currently you have to 'watch/stream' the video, then if you want to keep it, you have to download it again. Doubling the bandwidth.

No, either you download or you play, you can't do both.

If you want to save bandwidth i suggest you download the video first, and THEN watch it.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:I have been informed that using your Username instead of your email address may solve the problem.

We have not been able to verify this on a Mac. YMMV.

A very late reply but your suggestion didn't worked.
My previous method by installing 2.7.0 over 2.8.0 didn't worked anymore in OE build r9301.

It must be an OpenELEC issue and will try to contact developers over there for a solution.
schumi2004 Wrote:A very late reply but your suggestion didn't worked.
My previous method by installing 2.7.0 over 2.8.0 didn't worked anymore in OE build r9301.

It must be an OpenELEC issue and will try to contact developers over there for a solution.

You can try another thing(that works on mac).

After each login attempt, restart OpenELEC(or the computer). Try a few times, and restart between every attempt.

Once you are logged in once, it should just refresh a token afterwards, and should rarely hit the error again.
Getting a "login failed" alert when trying to login on an appletv 2. using the eden beta 1 build, and the plugin 2.8. here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/it52fz4j

I have seen a bunch of posts with the same issue, but they seem to be openelec based. is this a common problem across all platforms that has been yet to be resolved? I only ask because i am seeing the same issue on my macmini. my youtube account is linked with my google account. I will post a log from the mini when i can get to it as well. thanks for the help.