Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Works fine on Openelec , thank You
Any ideas why its not working on android? but works on PC?
openelec :
/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/
(2014-11-15, 13:38)redviolet Wrote: [ -> ]VEVO problem is caused by a change in the way google generates signatures.

This code is the one creating a signature now, and current YoutubePlayer.py parser doesn't catch it.

Code:
a.set("signature",cr(c));return a

This patch works for me, but further feedback will be welcome, especially if you can come up with a better regexp.

Code:
--- a/YouTubePlayer.py
+++ b/YouTubePlayer.py
@@ -467,7 +467,7 @@ class YouTubePlayer():
                 return ''

# get main function name
-            match = re.search("signature=([$a-zA-Z]+)\([^)]\)", playerData)
+            match = re.search("set..signature..([$a-zA-Z]+)\([^)]\)", playerData)

if match:
                 mainFunName = match.group(1)

Confirmed. Thanks!!!
(2014-11-15, 14:52)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-15, 13:38)redviolet Wrote: [ -> ]VEVO problem is caused by a change in the way google generates signatures.

This code is the one creating a signature now, and current YoutubePlayer.py parser doesn't catch it.

Code:

This patch works for me, but further feedback will be welcome, especially if you can come up with a better regexp.

Code:
--- a/YouTubePlayer.py
+++ b/YouTubePlayer.py
                 return ''

# get main function name
+            match = re.search("set..signature..([$a-zA-Z]+)\([^)]\)", playerData)

if match:

Great!
I Uploaded the modified file to here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P39...sp=sharing
Just Replace it with YouTubePlayer.py in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube
and restrart XBMC.

Enjoy all

it works! thank you redviolet
redviolet solution also works with me.
(2014-11-13, 15:53)VanZan Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that my YouTube history doesn't sync with my online account...I wonder is there a fix or have I buggered something on my end?

That is not a problem with the Kodi Youtube Plugin. That is a problem with Youtube itself.
working for me...woodside, tomer953 and redviolet, you guys are amazing. thankyou
It's not working on latest download of XBMC for Rapberry Pi. When you choose "Youtube" it freezes with the screen saying "Working" and if you try to cancel out it reboots the server. Tried with the standard install, also tried version 4.5.9 installed from a zip file.
(2014-11-12, 22:20)Nilli Wrote: [ -> ]I've been letting my family use my personal youtube account for our xbmc system, but now that they've filled it up with so many subscriptions that I'm having a hard time finding my own stuff I decided to make a new youtube account specifically meant for the family instead.

My issue is that when I change the username and password on xbmc (well, kodi) everything seems to be working just fine but xbmc acts as if it's still logged in on the old account. In the settings I see the new username and password, I get no error messages, but when I browse subscriptions, playlists and uploads (haven't tried the rest) I'm browsing through the old account. I uninstalled the youtube plugin and installed it again and it's still showing me the new username in the settings but the old subscriptions while browsing. What must I do to flush out the old account?

System info:
OpenELEC 4.95.1 5.0 (kernel Linux 3.17.2)
Kodi 14.0-BETA1 (compiled Nov 5)
YouTube plugin 4.4.10

Did nobody see my question, does nobody know the answer or do you need more info?

Code:

Code:
--- a/YouTubePlayer.py
+++ b/YouTubePlayer.py
                 return ''

# get main function name

if match:

(2014-11-16, 21:40)Scooby-2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not working on latest download of XBMC for Rapberry Pi. When you choose "Youtube" it freezes with the screen saying "Working" and if you try to cancel out it reboots the server. Tried with the standard install, also tried version 4.5.9 installed from a zip file.

It works for me on openelec 4.0.7 on raspberry Pi!! many thanks.
just one more question: when I try to download some videos from the youTube plugin, the download starts and completes without problems but the file remains in the folder /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simple.downloader/ and the log says "ERROR: MoveFile - cant move file /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simple.downloader/XXXX trying lower case/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simple.downloader/XXXXX"
Could it be due to related to the same problem?
Thanks a lot.
Thank you guys, it works on OpenELEC
(2014-11-16, 21:54)Nilli Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-12, 22:20)Nilli Wrote: [ -> ]I've been letting my family use my personal youtube account for our xbmc system, but now that they've filled it up with so many subscriptions that I'm having a hard time finding my own stuff I decided to make a new youtube account specifically meant for the family instead.

My issue is that when I change the username and password on xbmc (well, kodi) everything seems to be working just fine but xbmc acts as if it's still logged in on the old account. In the settings I see the new username and password, I get no error messages, but when I browse subscriptions, playlists and uploads (haven't tried the rest) I'm browsing through the old account. I uninstalled the youtube plugin and installed it again and it's still showing me the new username in the settings but the old subscriptions while browsing. What must I do to flush out the old account?

System info:
OpenELEC 4.95.1 5.0 (kernel Linux 3.17.2)
Kodi 14.0-BETA1 (compiled Nov 5)
YouTube plugin 4.4.10

Did nobody see my question, does nobody know the answer or do you need more info?

Try deleting the file called yt-cookiejar.txt from \userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube
Hi,

Is there any option to play an youtube playlist continuously?

I've activated the "Play next video" system setting, but it seems it doesn't have any effect on this plugin...
the plugin doesn't work again