Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
danz0l Wrote:i dont have vlc on the xbmclive system but did try on vlc for windows and it played perfectly. wasn't an mp4 trailer though, got that wrong, it was an FLV one

Could you post a link or the youtube id of that clip then i might have a chance of looking at it myself and possibly creating a trac ticket.

I believe VLC and xbmc share some of the same codebase from ff-mpeg, so if playback is possible in one it should be possible in the other, and we should create a more detailed bug report for the devs to look into.. Nod
Nice Henrik!

Now another, and i hope an easy thing this time, can you enable somehow this plugin so that it can be added to the Custom Home Addon Buttons? It would be nice to have youtube on the home screen.
Nektarios Wrote:Nice Henrik!

Now another, and i hope an easy thing this time, can you enable somehow this plugin so that it can be added to the Custom Home Addon Buttons? It would be nice to have youtube on the home screen.

I don't really know if that has anything to do with the add-on but I'll look into it.. Smile
HenrikDK Wrote:Could you post a link or the youtube id of that clip then i might have a chance of looking at it myself and possibly creating a trac ticket.

I believe VLC and xbmc share some of the same codebase from ff-mpeg, so if playback is possible in one it should be possible in the other, and we should create a more detailed bug report for the devs to look into.. Nod

Ok i don't know which clip i got the trailer from as i used Ember Media Manager to download it but can send you the clip if i can find somewhere to upload.

As regards the main issue (i.e the coach trip series)

The link is

http://www.youtube.com/show/coachtrip?pl...06495F9C3F

However i just checked them again so i could tell you which are not working with sound and now they are all working (so maybe it was a youtube issue ?). I haven't changed a thing in xbmc or the plugin so it HAS to be them.
danz0l Wrote:Ok i don't know which clip i got the trailer from as i used Ember Media Manager to download it but can send you the clip if i can find somewhere to upload.

As regards the main issue (i.e the coach trip series)

The link is

http://www.youtube.com/show/coachtrip?pl...06495F9C3F

However i just checked them again so i could tell you which are not working with sound and now they are all working (so maybe it was a youtube issue ?). I haven't changed a thing in xbmc or the plugin so it HAS to be them.

Hmmm the episodes on that link is unavailable to me being as I'm outside the UK. If you could upload that trailer clip to megaupload or on some other free hosting service, as it would be nice to know what is going on decode-ing wise. And yes I agree It's highly likely that the problem is youtube specific but it would still be nice if xbmc could handle it.

/HenrikDK Smile
Mind adding a sort option to the plugin so users can sort by upload date, rating and the likes?
Oh, and please set content to movies so the plugin is allowed to use other skin layouts. Makes sense to me as you're already retrieving information of the videos.
vdrfan Wrote:Mind adding a sort option to the plugin so users can sort by upload date, rating and the likes?

Oh, and please set content to movies so the plugin is allowed to use other skin layouts. Makes sense to me as you're already retrieving information of the videos.

Added to the TODO Smile
Thanks Wink
spiff Wrote:don't miss my req from here; http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=602...stcount=13 =)

Noted and added to the todo Smile
\o/
So I've totally confused myself over the login, apparently I sign in with my Google Account details so if I try to change the password from my YouTube account it takes me to my Google account but I don't want to change that password, if I go to the Youtube settings option in my Google account it asks me to sign up for a new YouTube account.

I'm missing something that is staring me in the face.
gott_sei_dank Wrote:So I've totally confused myself over the login, apparently I sign in with my Google Account details so if I try to change the password from my YouTube account it takes me to my Google account but I don't want to change that password, if I go to the Youtube settings option in my Google account it asks me to sign up for a new YouTube account.

I'm missing something that is staring me in the face.

I might be wrong here but you have probably linked your YouTube account to your google account a while back when they added the feature.
And if you google "unlink youtube account from google" you will find that it is not possible to unlink it.
Excellent plugin!!

The situation untill this plugin is written in this article. It also shows a great feature I would love to see in this plugin:
Youtube Disco support.