Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-01, 20:45)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are you perhaps using a special (e.g., accented) character in your Youtube log-in credentials?

Hi, I have also the same error when try to login to Youtube.
No special characters in my name or password.
My system: Openelec 3.2.1 (AMD Fusion).

Quote:19:29:58 T:2960 NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
19:29:58 T:2960 NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
19:30:17 T:2960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0159' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 111, in <module>
login.login()
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1269, in urlencode
v = quote_plus(str(v))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0159' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:30:17 T:484 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
19:30:17 T:484 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
Loving this plugin and how it makes my life easier - however I'm having some issues and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot them. First, some details: running XBMC 12.2 on Windows 7 x64, transparency skin. Have the latest youtube plugin and am able to log in successfully.

My use case for youtube is as follows: I look up videos on my android phone, then "share" them to XBMC using the Yatse app. The problem is a lot of them don't work. Some appear to start buffering (I get the bar at the top, then it just disappears with no message), some don't work at all (nothing happens). If I had to guess I'd say 50% or less of the stuff I try to push works. I've been using XBMC for a long time now, and as far as I can remember things have always been like this. Any thoughts on where I could even begin to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.
For anyone have recent issues with the plugin, check that Youtube isn't asking you every now and again to use your Google+ profile, that's the issue I was having. Just login to youtube in your web browser of choice, click a video and refresh it a few times. Sooner or later, a popup will come up, select whatever option you want, and the popup should go away.

Hope that helps someone
Today I tried install XBMC and Youtube plugin on Windows XP 32Bit - and there was the same error message.
Then I tried use my colleague login and password to Youtube and again same error.

I check Google acoount as lhw455 wrote before, but there wasn't message about Google+ profile.
Ok got it to work went into YouTube setting in a browers told it to disconnect my youtube away from my Google+ page that was cousing the problem folks ok.
(2013-10-03, 15:23)nuttypro69 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok got it to work went into YouTube setting in a browers told it to disconnect my youtube away from my Google+ page that was cousing the problem folks ok.

Unfortunately disconnecting Google+ from my youtube account does not helped. I have the same error:

Quote:17:01:29 T:139792754910976 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0119' in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 120, in <module>
navigation.executeAction(params)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 122, in executeAction
self.login.login(params)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
File "./Lib/urllib.py", line 1312, in urlencode
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0119' in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
17:01:29 T:139794089039680 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin
17:01:29 T:139794089039680 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin) failed
17:01:29 T:139792754910976 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:01:29 T:139792754910976 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:01:29 T:139792754910976 NOTICE: Loading cookies from :'/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/yt-cookiejar.txt'
17:01:29 T:139792754910976 NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
You got to see what login name you are using .My Youtube has a different name from my google+ page ok
(2013-09-30, 13:48)frumbert Wrote: [ -> ]Under XBMC there must be horrible memory problems or something, because videos generally won't start playing and eventually the whole system just flat reboots.

+1
(2013-10-03, 19:14)nuttypro69 Wrote: [ -> ]You got to see what login name you are using .My Youtube has a different name from my google+ page ok

I was trying with two different login names and e-mails (disconnected from google+) and got the same error.
Can't log in on raspberry (OpenELEC) nor on PC (Arch linux build). (Script failed!)

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/ZFz3Kff0
Detached google+ too, but it didn't help.
There is no special character in my acc name / pass.

-----

'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9'...

The problem is with the word: Bejelentkezés (Bejelentkez\xe9s) which means 'log in' in Hungarian. Maybe I should try vpn or change google account language? (I don't know where is that word come from, i did not typed in anywhere, so it has to be in a response from google)
The OS language is English, both on the OpenELEC and the Arch linux.
Worked for me and fixed the login problem:

Replace line 400 of YouTubeCore.py from:

to:
tmpURLdata = get("url_data")
tmpURLdata['signIn'] = 'wtf'
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(tmpURLdata))
Thanks sdiama, it worked Big Grin
Hi, everyone. I've been waiting a couple of weeks (at least it feels like it) since my YouTube subs/playlists/etc. stopped working, in hopes that the add-on team would resolve the issue. Every time I page back through the forum I get confused and hesitant to muck up my system, but I'm getting desperate to get YouTube back up and running.
Do I just need to get over it and start fooling around with setting up a g+ account and/or changing the python file, or is there ANY hopes that the dev team might resolve the issue and if I'm patient a few more days it will simply be resolved? Is there a definitive fix in these threads that I'm not seeing?
BTW -- Thank you SO much for this plug in! My family cut the cord long ago and YouTube is my 9 year-old son's preferred source of entertainment. The YouTube XBMC plug in gives me the control over his access that makes me comfortable with him using YouTube on a daily basis!
tried all the above solutions. still does not work, cannot log in. the plugin just crashes every time.